North Dakota Nurse Practitioner Association (NDNPA) is monitoring the following bills
North Dakota Nurse Practitioner Association (NDNPA) is monitoring the following bills. Including any action that the NDNPA has taken/recommends are listed below:
Bill has been defeated
Bill has passed
HOUSE BILL 1044 Compact Licensure for APRNs
- A bill to amend and reenact section 43-12.5-01 of the NDCC relating to compact licensure for APRNs.
- Passed House 01/08/21
- To Senate 01/08/21
- 02/02 Senate Introduced and referred to Human Services Committee
- 02/16/21 Senate Committee Hearing
- Written Testimony of support submitted.
HOUSE BILL 1147 Public Employee Fertility Benefits
- A bill to amend and reenact NDCC 26.1-36.6-03 relating to public employee fertility health benefits.
- 01/26/21 committee hearing
- 02/10/21amended and adopted
- 02/10/21 Referred to Appropriations
- Reported back DO NOT PASS; Placed on Calendar
- Written testimony of support submitted
SENATE BILL 2179 Telehealth Clarifications
- A BILL to amend and enact section 26.1-36-09.15 of the NDCC relating to health insurance coverage of telehealth services. If this bill looks familiar it was passed last session and has returned for clarification. The clarifications includes co-payment information; and that the patient does not need to be established; and that the telehealth visit may include telephone only service.
- Joined written letter of support; submitted
- 02/15/21 Passed Senate
- 02/19/21 First Reading; to Human Services Committee
HOUSE BILL 1139 Opioid/Benzo Therapy Prescription Limits
- Relating to duration limits for opioid therapy and benzodiazepine; and to provide for application. Passed House
- Written Testimony of support
- Passed House
- To Senate on 1/28/2021
- 02/15/21 First Reading; to Industry, Business and Labor Committee
HOUSE BILL 1204 Mask Mandates at Work
Relating to limitations on requirements to wear a mask at work; to provide an expiration date; and to declare an emergency. Employee may be exempt with letter from Physician or due to religious/personal reasons
- Oppose r/t terminology and personal/religious exemptions are too broad
HOUSE BILL 1288 Relating to Medicare coverage of continuous glucose monitoring Devices
- Relating to Medicaid coverage of continuous glucose monitoring devices.
- Written testimony of Support
- 01/20 Committee Hearing
- Bill Edit to read: must include coverage for those under the age of 18. If this has occurred, the coverage remains in effect after the age of 18, as thong as the requirements are met
- 02/03 Do Pass; placed on calendar
HOUSE BILL 1306 For a study on the relationship between vaccinations and SIDS, ASD
A BILL for an Act to provide for a legislative management study of the interrelationship between sudden infant death syndrome, vaccines, and autism spectrum disorder in children.
- Written letter submitted in Opposition
- 01/20 Committee Hearing
HOUSE BILL 1320 Relating to changing the requirement for vaccinations for children for daycare and school
Relating to limitations on vaccinations requirements; to amend and reenact subsection 2 of section 15.1-23-02 and section 23-01-05.3 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to immunization records and data; and to repeal section 23-07-17.1 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to immunizations required for entry to school or day care.
- Joined letter of opposition
- 01/19 Committee Hearing
HOUSE BILL 1323 Relating to Mandates for Masks
- Relating to limitations on mask wearing requirements.
- 02/04 @1500 Committee Hearing
- Opposition letter submitted to House
- Follow CDC guidelines; research supports that masks do reduce transmission and provides protection against acquiring
- 02/12 Do Not Pass; placed on calendar
SENATE BILL 2274- Naturopathic practitioners prescribing authority
- A bill to amend and reenact NDCC to allow naturopathic practitioners to prescribe medications and treatments
- 02/01 @0900 Committee Hearing
- 02/11/21 Passed Senate
- 02/12/21 Received to House
- 02/19/21 First Reading; to Human Service Committee
- Emailed Senate Committee members to clarify the education level of the NP in response to testimony
- Tara spoke with the Naturopathic Cooalition Representative and asked to remove APRN comparison from their information
HOUSE BILL 1328 A bill pertaining to Vit D screening and testing
Relating to vitamin D screening and testing; to amend and reenact section 26.1-36.6-03 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to self-insurance health plans to provide coverage of Vitamin D testing done by pharmacists and providers.
- Neutral Testimony Written and submitted to house r/t personal discussion between provider and patient. Guidelines recommend to treat, not test
- 01/25 @1015 Committee Hearing
- 02/10 Amended reported back as DO NOT PASS (amendment removed pharmacist and removed new section and replaced with create and enact)
- 02/10/21 Placed on Calendar
- DEFEATED Yeas 35 Nays 59
HOUSE BILL 1415 Relating to End-of-life health care decisions
- A BILL for an Act to create and enact chapter 23-06.7 of the NDCC relating to end-of-life health care decisions; and to provide a penalty
- Testified at House Committee Hearing 02/01/21 @ 1015
- 02/10 DO NOT PASS
- 02/10 Placed on Calendar
- Oppose r/t terminology
- DEFEATED YEAS 9 Nays 85
HOUSE BILL 1465 Freedom to choose health care provider
- A BILL for an Act to create and enact section 26.1-36-12.7 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to freedom of choice for health care services. Prevents insurers from issuing, executing, contracting policies if there are restrictions of health care providers. Also terminology for beneficiary from selecting the health care provider. under the same insurance policy
- 02/03 Committee Hearing 10:30
- PASSED House Yeas 70 Nays 22
- Letter in support submitted to House
SENATE BILL 2085 automated payments to APRNs
- Relating to the use of an automated clearing house to facilitate payment to medical assistance providers and provider applicants; to amend and reenact sections 50-24.1-26 and 50-24.1-32 of the NDCC relating to Medicaid waivers to provide in-home services and medical assistance and advanced practice registered nurses
- Written testimony in Support submitted to Senate
- PASSED SENATE
- 01/15 Delivered to House
- 02/19 First Reading to Human Service Committee
SEANTE BILL 2145 Relating to Designated Care Giver access in LTC during Pandemic
- A BILL for an Act to create and enact chapter 50-10.3 of the NDCC relating to access to long-term care facilities in case of a declaration of disaster or emergency; and to declare an emergency.
- NDNPA remains neutral and will not write testimony unless asked
- 01/18/21 @ 0900 Committee Hearing
- 02/12/21 Amended; placed on Calendar
- PASSED Senate yeas 47 Nays 0
- 02/18 House Received
SENATE BILL 2268 Healthcare Assault Bill
A BILL for an Act to amend and reenact section 12.1-17-01 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to assault on a health care facility provider as a Class C felony; and to provide a penalty.
- Letter written to committee members in support of the bill emailed
- 1/27 Committee Hearing Reported back as DO NOT PASS and placed on calendar
SENATE BILL 2336 Occupational board powers under compacts
- to repeal chapters 43-12.4, 43-12.5, 43-17.4, and 43-26.2 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to the nurse licensure compact, advanced practice registered nurse licensure compact, interstate medical licensure compact, and physical therapy licensure compact; and to provide a contingent effective date.
- Awaiting clarification from the NDBON
- Changes appear to be related to foreign (out of state) providers
- 02/01 @1045 Committee Hearing
- 02/10 Passed Senate
- 02/12/21 received from Senate
- 02/19 House Introduced; to Human Service Committee
HB 1033 Biosimilar and biological products
- Section 19-02.1-14.3 of the NDCC amended and reenacted as follows to allow substitution of a biosimilar product under certain conditions: Brand Necessary is not specified and prescriber is notified, the individual is notified, the US Food and Drug has approved the product to interchangeable, and a record is kept.
- Written testimony in support to be submitted
- 01/06 @ 1045
- 02/15/21 Amended; DO PASS; placed on Calendar (amendment removed only and replaced with each of the following; removed within 24 and replaced with 2 days of dispensing)
HCR 3014 A Study of Barriers to Telehealth Services
- A concurrent resolution directing the Legislative Management to consider studying solutions to provider and end-user barriers to access to and utilization of telehealth services in this state.
- 02/11/21 DO PASS; placed on Calendar
- 02/19 First Reading to Human Service Committee
HEALTHCARE REALTED BILLS
*HCR 3030 Related to a study regarding Metabolic Syndrome **Just introduced 02/05/21; Passed House
HB 1089 Related to Restraint, Seclusion, Shock Treatment
HB 1105 Public Breast Feeding
HB 1213 Medical Marijuana
SB 2125 Health Care Repayment Program
SB 1233 Healthcare services provided by Community Paramedics
SB 2156 Federal Alignment to tobacco purchase age 21
SB 2161 Mental Health Provider Registry and Behavioral Bed System
SB 1032 Relating to prescription drug cost transparency; and to provide a penalty.
SB 2170 Relating to prescription drug cost transparency; and to provide a penalty.
SB 2209. Relating to increased access to low-cost prescription drugs; to amend section 43-15.3-12 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to drug wholesaler fees; to provide for a report; to provide a continuing appropriation; to provide for a transfer; and to provide a contingent effective date.
01/27 @ 0900
SB 2212 Relating to increased access to low-cost prescription drugs; to provide for a report; and to provide a contingent effective date.
HB 1441 Relating to paid family medical leave** letter of support asked for and submitted
MEICAID EXPANSION: We are a supporting agency.